The 2019 season gets underway in May at the Marshall Point Lighthouse and Museum. The museum and gift shop will be open from noon to 4 p.m. for the first three weekends in May. Summer hours begin on Memorial Day weekend and continue through Labor Day. The grounds are open daily from dawn until dusk.

The lighthouse tower and keeper’s house were first constructed in 1832. The current tower was built in 1858; in 1895 a lightning strike destroyed the keeper’s house, which was rebuilt in the same year. The keeper’s house and summer kitchen now house a museum with displays of the life and history of the St. George peninsula. The research room offers volumes filled with historic photos and information about people, organizations and life on the peninsula. The gift shop is stocked with an assortment of clothing, jewelry, home goods, books and toys.

For more information, visit