Film Calendar Listings
For the Week beginning July 28
Please Take Note:
Email calendar listings to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Free Press Calendar, 8 North Main St., Suite 101, Rockland, ME 04841 or FAX to 596-6698 by noon the Friday before the Thursday publication date. Please include your name, address and phone number.
THURSDAY, JULY 28:
- “Shakespeare Live!” at Rockland’s Strand Theatre, 2 p.m. Recorded at Stratford-upon-Avon with performances by Judi Dench, Ian McKellen, others. Shown 7 p.m. at Lincoln Theater in Damariscotta.
- Reception, Two Films on Maine Artists, Colonial Theatre, Belfast. Reception 6 p.m., followed by 7 p.m. showing of Maine filmmaker Richard Kane’s films on Maine artists Jon Imber and Joseph Fiore. Q&A with Kane, painter Jill Hoy, MFT Gallery Director Anna Abaldo.
FRIDAY, JULY 29 – THURSDAY, AUGUST 4:
- COLONIAL THEATRE, Belfast: “Jason Bourne,” “Star Trek Beyond,” “Ghostbusters,” “The Secret Life of Pets.” Subtitles on most Sunday movies.
- FLAGSHIP CINEMAS, Thomaston: “Jason Bourne,” “Bad Moms,” “Nerve,” “Ice Age: Collision Course,” “Lights Out,” “Star Trek Beyond,” “Ghostbusters,” “The Secret Life of Pets.” FMI: FlagshipCinemas.com.
- HARBOR THEATRE, Boothbay Harbor: “Star Trek Beyond” and “Watershed Video” (locally produced short made for BRCTV showing Adams Pond & Knickerbocker Lake watersheds). FMI: 633-0438, HarborTheatre.net.
- Lincoln Theater, Damariscotta: “Maggie’s Plan.” FMI: AtTheLincoln.org, 563-3424.
- STRAND THEATRE, Rockland: “The Man Who Knew Infinity.”
FRIDAY, JULY 29:
- “My Best Friend,” 7 p.m., Friday Night Film Series, Thomaston Library. Free; donations accepted.
- “Young Frankenstein,” 7 p.m., Friday Night Flix at Belfast Library. Free.
SATURDAY, JULY 30:
- Summer Film Workshop at Union Hall in Rockport, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Led by Director of photography Matthew Siegel; intermediate-level camera, lighting workshop. $10 guests/$5 students/free for Maine Film & Video Assoc. members. FMI: MaineFilm.org.
SUNDAY, JULY 31:
- Last Chance for Early-Bird Price on All-Access CIFF Passes, $150 until Aug. 1. FMI: PointsNorthInstitute.org.
MONDAY, AUGUST 1:
- Free Monday Night Movie in the Camden Amphitheatre, 8:15 p.m., “The Big Sleep.” Bring chairs, blankets.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 2:
- “Star Trek: The Motion Picture,” 8 p.m., Sci Fi Classic at Rockland’s Strand Theatre.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 3:
- Camden Film Festival Volunteer Info Night, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Camden National Bank’s Hanley Center, 245 Commercial St., Rockport.
- Free Screening of “The Seal Who Came Home,” 7 p.m., Camden Opera House. Family favorite about Andre, a Maine harbor seal. Camden Hills Regional High Schoolers sell goodies beforehand to fund their trip to Italy.
- “Francofonia,” Fri., Aug. 5, 8 p.m. First Friday Film copresented by the Farnsworth Art Museum at Rockland’s Strand Theatre. Director Alexander Sokurov’s film on art, culture and history set against a Louvre Museum backdrop.