Film Calendar Listings
For the Week beginning May 26
Please Take Note:
Email calendar listings to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Free Press Calendar, 8 North Main St., Suite 101, Rockland, ME 04841 or FAX to 596-6698 by noon the Friday before the Thursday publication date. Please include your name, address and phone number.
THURSDAY, MAY 26:
- “The Salt of the Earth,” 6 p.m., Rockland Library. Free, public screening of documentary about renowned Brazilian photographer Sebastião Salgado, hosted by Friends of Rockland Library.
- “The Simulation Hypothesis,” 7 p.m., Camden Library. Free, public screening of 2015 documentary that asks whether the universe is a vast virtual reality program. Hosted by Camden Philosophical Society.
FRIDAY, MAY 27 – THURSDAY, JUNE 2:
- COLONIAL THEATRE, Belfast: “Alice Through the Looking Glass,” “X-Men: Apocalypse,” “Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising.” Subtitles on all Sunday movies.
- FLAGSHIP CINEMAS, Thomaston: “Alice Through the Looking Glass,” “The Nice Guys,” “Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising,” “Money Monster,” “Captain America: Civil War,” “The Jungle Book,” “X-Men: Apocalypse,” “The Angry Birds Movie.” FMI: FlagshipCinemas.com.
- HARBOR THEATRE, Boothbay Harbor: “Alice Through the Looking Glass.” FMI: 633-0438, HarborTheatre.net.
- Lincoln Theater, Damariscotta: “The Jungle Book.” FMI: AtTheLincoln.org, 563-3424.
- STRAND THEATRE, Rockland: “A Hologram for the King.”
FRIDAY, MAY 27:
- “The Miracle Worker,” 6:30 p.m., Friday Night Film Series at Thomaston Library. Free; donations accepted.
- “A Yellow Handkerchief,” 7 p.m., Friday Night Flicks at Belfast Library. Free.
TUESDAY, MAY 31:
- Free Screening of “Caddyshack,” 10 a.m., Flagship Cinemas, Thomaston. Concessions open.
- “Labyrinth,” 7 p.m., Flashback Film Fest at Rockland’s Strand Theatre. David Bowie starts as the Goblin King in the Jim Henson film.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 1:
- June 1 Deadline to Submit Films for International Maritime Film Festival, to be held Sept. 30-Oct. 2, in Bucksport and Brooklin. Guidelines: MaritimeFilmFestival.com. $150 tix to attend all screenings, opening reception, lobster dinner also on the website.
- “Hockney,” Fri., June 3, 8 p.m., Strand Theatre, Rockland. Farnsworth Art Museum and The Strand present the next in their First Friday Film series. $10/$8 members.
- “The Omen,” Mon., June 6, 7 p.m., Strand Theatre, Rockland. 40th anniversary screening of the digitally remastered movie about demonic young Damien.