Kids & Parents Calendar Listings
For the Week beginning August 25
Please Take Note:
Email calendar listings to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Free Press Calendar, 8 North Main St., Suite 101, Rockland, ME 04841 or FAX to 596-6698 by noon the Friday before the Thursday publication date. Please include your name, address and phone number.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 25:
- Sign-Up Now Open for Waldoboro Youth Soccer, Which Needs Volunteers, at Waldoboro Town Office weekdays from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., through Fri., Sept. 2, with final registration Sat., Sept. 3, 9-11 a.m. $25 Waldoboro kids/$35 others. FMI: WaldoboroMaine.org.
- Sign-Up Now Open for Megunticook Rowing’s Junior Fall Program, for ages 13-18, open to novice and varsity rowers. Season runs 3-5:30 p.m. Mon.-Fri., Sept. 6-Oct. 21. FMI: MegunticookRowing.org.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 27:
- End-of-Summer Sleepover at Coastal Children’s Museum, Rockland, starting at 6 p.m. Museum playtime, craft activities, movie, bedtime stories, pizza, and then breakfast and more play Sunday. $75 per child/$10 per chaperone. Sign-up: 596-0300, CoastalChildrensMuseum.org.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 28:
- “Dr. Seuss – UU Style,” First Universalist Church, 345 Broadway, Rockland, 10-11 a.m. Sundays through September. For kids of all ages. Free. FMI: 594-8750.
- Free Family Fun Day at Searsport Congregational Church, 8 Church St., noon-2 p.m. Free hot dogs, carnival games, back-to-school prizes, tattoos, face painting, cupcake walk, bounce house. Sunday School preview. FMI: 548-0327.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 30:
- Free Children’s Drawing Class, 4-5 p.m., Rockland Library, 80 Union St., Catinka Knoth leads Let’s Draw Together! for kids 6 & up (under 11 with adult). Materials provided. This week: Let’s Draw a Maine Country Fair.
- 10-Week Cheer Tumbling Class in Waldoboro, hosted by Waldoboro Rec Department at Medomak Middle School, starting Sat., Sept. 3. For kids in K-12 of all ages and abilities, with no residency requirements. $110 per student. Register by Sept. 1. FMI: WaldoboroMaine.org, 832-5369.
- Appleton Library Story Time, Thursdays, 10:15-11 a.m. With stories, crafts for preschoolers. FMI: 785-5656 or AppletonLibraryME.org.
- Belfast Library, 106 High St.: Story Time Tuesdays, 10-10:30 a.m., for babies to 2-year-olds and their siblings. Story Time Fridays, 10-11 a.m., for kids 2-4 and their siblings.
- Camden Library Story Hours, all at 10 a.m. Mondays: preschoolers. Wednesdays: babies to 2-year-olds (siblings welcome). Thursdays: 4- and 5-year-olds. Fridays: 2- and 3-year-olds. Saturdays: preschool to early-elementary-age kids.
- Carver Memorial Library Preschool Story Hour, Searsport, Fridays, 10:30 a.m. Stories, songs, movement, activities. FMI: 548-2303.
- Gibbs Library Story Hour, Washington, Tuesdays, 10 a.m. (flexible, depends on when kids drop in). FMI: 845-2663.
- Liberty Library Story Time, Thursdays, 10:30 a.m. Story time with songs, games, crafts & snack for kids 3-5. Younger & older kids welcome if not disruptive.
- Palermo Library: Toddler Time, Mondays 10 a.m.-noon. Lego Club, Wednesdays 6-7:30 p.m.
- Rockland Library Baby Storytime, Fridays, 10 a.m.
- Rockport Library Preschool Story Time, Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. Babies to 5-year-olds can enjoy stories, finger plays, songs and a craft. Free. FMI: 236-3642.
- Skidompha Library, Damariscotta: Toddler Time, Tuesdays, 10 a.m. Book Babies, Wednesdays, 10 a.m. Ready to Read, Thursdays, 10 a.m.
- Thomaston Library, 60 Main St. Toddler Time, Wednesdays, 11 a.m. Rhyming games, puppets, board books. Family Story Hour, Thursdays, 11 a.m. Stories, crafts, snacks.
- Vose Library Story Time, Union, Fridays, 10:30 a.m. Singing, clapping for babies & toddlers. Stories, crafts for older kids. FMI: 785-4733.
- Waldoboro Library: Storytime, Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m. Stories and crafts for preschoolers.
- Warren Library: Craft Club Story Time, Mondays, 6-7 p.m. Lego Club, second and fourth Thursdays, 3:30-5 p.m.
- Breast-Feeding Basics, 6:30-8:30 p.m. first Thursdays, Pen Bay Physicians Bldg., Conf. Room C, Rockport. $17 for mom & partner. Registration: 921-8345.