Kids & Parents Calendar Listings
For the Week beginning July 21
Please Take Note:
Email calendar listings to email@example.com or mail to The Free Press Calendar, 8 North Main St., Suite 101, Rockland, ME 04841 or FAX to 596-6698 by noon the Friday before the Thursday publication date. Please include your name, address and phone number.
THURSDAY, JULY 21:
- Garden Pest Workshop at Coastal Children’s Museum in Rockland, 2-4 p.m. Entomologist Karen Coluzzi talks with kids in the Pizza Growers’ Community Garden at the museum, 75 Mechanic St. No admission required to participate.
FRIDAY, JULY 22:
- Hardcore Hula-Hooping for All Ages at Belfast Free Library, 3 p.m. Part of Free Fun Fridays in the library’s summer reading program. Free; open to all. FMI: 338-3884, ext. 24.
SATURDAY, JULY 23:
- Free Program of Storytelling, Music and Dance at Cushing Library, 10 a.m. Jan Zimmerman leads the family program, open to the public.
- Kids’ Health & Movement Program at Rockland Public Library, second of three Saturdays, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Staff will be jumping, dancing and playing with kids as a part of 5-2-1-0 Let’s Go! childhood obesity prevention program.
SUNDAY, JULY 24:
- “Dr. Seuss – UU Style,” First Universalist Church, 345 Broadway, Rockland, 10-11 a.m. Sundays through September. For kids of all ages. Free. FMI: 594-8750.
MONDAY, JULY 25:
- Monotypes for Children, Midcoast Printmakers, 505 River Road, Newcastle. 9:30 a.m.-noon. Kids will use a press to make prints that go home framed. $25. Sign-up: 563-7100.
- “Building with Bella: Shop Skills and Making Stuff,” woodworking class for girls 10-13, led by Isabella Pierson July 25-29, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. $285. FMI: 594-1800, Apprenticeshop.org.
- Free VBS at Crossroads Community Baptist Church, 2266 Lincolnville Road, Lincoln-ville. “Deep Sea Discovery” Vacation Bible School, for 3-year-olds to sixth-graders, July 25-29, 5:30-8 p.m.
- Summer VBS at Belfast United Methodist Church, 23 Mill Lane, East Belfast. “The Story of Noah’s Ark” Vacation Bible School from July 25-29, 5-8 p.m. Light supper, crafts, games. FMI: 338-5575.
TUESDAY, JULY 26:
- Rockport Library Summer Reading Program Ends with Boat Trip, 3:30 p.m. Kids can take a quick ride around the harbor on the harbormaster’s boat. Free. All welcome. Kids must bring a PFD to ride. FMI: firstname.lastname@example.org, 236-3642.
- Free Children’s Drawing Class, 4-5 p.m., Rockland Library, 80 Union St., Catinka Knoth leads Let’s Draw Together! for kids 6 & up (under 11 with adult). Materials provided. This week: Classic Maine Scenes.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 27:
- Babysitter Training Course, Damariscotta, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., LincolnHealth Education Center, 66 Chapman St. For kids 11-14: bring lunch & snack; no electronics or phones. Certificate issued upon successful completion. $49. Registration: 563-2811, clc.MaineAdultEd.org.
- Babes in the Woods at Hendricks Head Preserve, 10-11 a.m. Nature walk for babies, toddlers, older siblings and caregivers with Boothbay Region Land Trust. This week: “Rotting Logs.” Free. No need to sign up. Meet at trailhead off Beach Road, Southport. FMI: email@example.com, 633-4818.
- Milkweed Puppet Theater Performs Two Roses and a Burly Bear, Sat., July 30, 10:30 a.m., Appleton Library. New Appleton arrival Nancy Tyndall puts it on. FMI: 785-5656, AppletonLibraryJane@gmail.com.
- Appleton Library Story Time, Thursdays, 10:15-11 a.m. With stories, crafts for preschoolers. FMI: 785-5656 or AppletonLibraryME.org.
- Belfast Library, 106 High St.: Story Time Tuesdays, 10-10:30 a.m., for babies to 2-year-olds and their siblings. Story Time Fridays, 10-11 a.m., for kids 2-4 and their siblings.
- Camden Library Story Hours, all at 10 a.m. Mondays: preschoolers. Wednesdays: babies to 2-year-olds (siblings welcome). Thursdays: 4- and 5-year-olds. Fridays: 2- and 3-year-olds. Saturdays: preschool to early-elementary-age kids.
- Carver Memorial Library Preschool Story Hour, Searsport, Fridays, 10:30 a.m. Stories, songs, movement, activities. FMI: 548-2303.
- Gibbs Library Story Hour, Washington, Tuesdays, 10 a.m. (flexible, depends on when kids drop in). FMI: 845-2663.
- Liberty Library Story Time, Thursdays, 10:30 a.m. Story time with songs, games, crafts & snack for kids 3-5. Younger & older kids welcome if not disruptive.
- Palermo Library: Toddler Time, Mondays 10 a.m.-noon. Lego Club, Wednesdays 6-7:30 p.m.
- Rockland Library Baby Storytime, Fridays, 10 a.m.
- Rockport Library Preschool Story Time, Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. Babies to 5-year-olds can enjoy stories, finger plays, songs and a craft. Free. FMI: 236-3642.
- Skidompha Library, Damariscotta: Toddler Time, Tuesdays, 10 a.m. Book Babies, Wednesdays, 10 a.m. Ready to Read, Thursdays, 10 a.m.
- Thomaston Library, 60 Main St. Toddler Time, Wednesdays, 11 a.m. Rhyming games, puppets, board books. Family Story Hour, Thursdays, 11 a.m. Stories, crafts, snacks.
- Vose Library Story Time, Union, Fridays, 10:30 a.m. Singing, clapping for babies & toddlers. Stories, crafts for older kids. FMI: 785-4733.
- Waldoboro Library: Storytime, Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m. Stories and crafts for preschoolers.
- Warren Library: Craft Club Story Time, Mondays, 6-7 p.m. Lego Club, second and fourth Thursdays, 3:30-5 p.m.
- Breast-Feeding Basics, 6:30-8:30 p.m. first Thursdays, Pen Bay Physicians Bldg., Conf. Room C, Rockport. $17 for mom & partner. Registration: 921-8345.