Restorative Practices Workshops for Educators
Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:20 PM
University of Maine Hutchinson Center will offer K-12 educators a series of five full-day workshops on restorative school practices, facilitated by members of the Restorative Practices Collaborative of Maine and presented in Saco, Augusta and Belfast.
The restorative approach emphasizes the importance of creating a positive, healthy school climate based on empathy, trust and respect, and has been shown to promote academic and social improvement. Restorative practices are currently used in several Maine schools, juvenile correction facilities and organizations that serve youth.
All workshops will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Subjects and dates will be:
• “Introduction to Restorative Practices” on Thursday, March 30, in Saco
• “Using Circles in Schools: Tier 1 Proactive Circles” on Friday, March 31, in Saco
• “Introduction to Restorative Practices” on Thursday, April 6, in Augusta
• “Using Circles in Schools: Tier 1 Proactive Circles” on Friday, April 7, in Augusta
• “Using Circles in Schools: Tier 2 Responsive Circles” on Thursday, April 27, in Augusta
• “Restorative Discipline in Schools for Administrators” on Thursday, May 4, in Saco and Belfast
Cost is $175 per person per workshop, which includes materials, lunch and certificate of contact hours.
For more information, e-mail Kim Wilson-Raymond at firstname.lastname@example.org. To register, go to hutchinsoncenter.umaine.edu/professional-development.